Old May 25th 10, 12:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Default A Random Comment

On May 23, 5:45*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
(It never helped our cause, while I
was a kid, that what few plastic model planes my brothers and I did get
and build that they'd eventually find a lit cherry bomb in or attached to
them as their last rites.)

When I was a kid there was a paved RC plane facility
near my house and people came from miles around. All
summer long we'd hear the buzzing of those little motors.
Some of my 12 yr. old friends took to shooting B-B guns
at them from afar. Finally my friend Mike crawled out into
the tall grass and laid in wait for the perfect shot with his
new pellet gun.

He shot one down, grabbed it and ran like hell. Funny thing,
Mike turned out to be an overachiever. Guess we saw that
coming. I still remember that red balsa wood plane.

---
Mark