Old January 30th 04, 05:09 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Brett" wrote in message
"B2431" wrote:
From: "Kevin Brooks"

"Thomas Schoene" wrote in message
link.net...
C Knowles wrote:
I have seen a photo of a F-15E with HARMs on the seldom-used
outboard wing stations but it was simply an eval for the Weasel

role.
Since the F-16 picked up this role it was not proceded with.

Just to nitpick, are you sure that wasn't one of the very early

TF-15As
serving as a Strike Eagle demonstrator?

TF-15A? I believe you would be referring to the F-15B.

Brooks

The first few 2 seater F-15s were disignated TF-15A. I was in the 1st

TFW
when
the F-15 came on line and they were called that. I have no idea when the

were
redesignated F-15B.

That occurred in October 1978

Which was well before HARM came online (1983). Though to be honest I never
knew that they once referred to the two seaters as anything but B (or later
D and E) models in USAF service (I was a kid near Langley AFB when the 1st
TFW stood up with the Eagle, and can't actually recall the use of the TF
designation, but that was a looong time ago!). Thanks for the historical
note.

Brooks