Old January 30th 04, 06:17 AM
fudog50

Pictures with a demonstrator carrying a HARM on a LAU attached
to a bomb rack only show that the Strike Eagle is capable of
"carrying" the missile. Was there any weapon system making it capable
of acquiring, tracking, targeting and launching associated with it?
As a former Prowler guy, HARM and SEAD is a very complex
mission, requiring more than just a platform and "weapon package"
associated with it.
ALQ-99 receivers are used on the EA-6B to "acquire" the RADAR,
I'm not sure what the C/J's use, did the Koreans buy the same system
as the C/J's use?
There is the longstanding arguement on which a/c is better at
SEAD, the Prowler or the C/J, which is debateable. But in the Jamming
mission, (both RADAR and COMM's) nothing comes close to the Prowler.

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 05:02:34 GMT, "Brett" wrote:

"Thomas Schoene" wrote:
C Knowles wrote:
I have seen a photo of a F-15E with HARMs on the seldom-used
outboard wing stations but it was simply an eval for the Weasel role.
Since the F-16 picked up this role it was not proceded with.

Just to nitpick, are you sure that wasn't one of the very early TF-15As
serving as a Strike Eagle demonstrator?

The pictures I've seen with HARM were on 71-0291. McD's demonstrator TF-15A
(F-15B) which also served as the Strike Eagle demonstrator.

The South Korean F-15K apparently will have the option of carrying HARM;
it's part of the weapon package that went with the aircraft.

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)