Old September 8th 10, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_2_]

Default Racing airspace "violation" question

On Sep 8, 10:50*am, LOV2AV8 wrote:
As long as we're discussing a rules change and not a score change for
the day. *Many other contestants aborted at the first turn point
rather than the second turn point because of the Class C airspace
conflict with getting home.

Randy

What day of what contest was this? What was the issue with going
around class C? How was it impossible to continue the course,
impossible to go around class C, but easy to go over? I'm not being
hostile, I'd just like to go look at the task and results. Stated in
the abstract it all seems so unlikely, so it would be good to know the
practical circumstance.

John Cochrane