Old November 8th 10, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Beckman[_2_]

Default Future Club Training Gliders

At 15:40 08 November 2010, sisu1a wrote:

And what of it if today's youth want 'instant gratification'? Should
that not then be the goal for soaring operations to provide? If that
is our reality, than we either need to adapt to it or fade into
irrelevance.

Isn't that a fair working definition of a dilettante? Are those really
the people that we want to attract into our sport? On the other hand, it
is most certainly the folks that the commercial ride operations want to
attract.

I notice that when a 2-32 is available as a ride ship, it gets a lot of
use. And it's always sort of entertaining to see how they can pack two
folks into the back seat.

Jim Beckman