Old June 8th 11, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default XC Soar map help needed

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 16:50:12 +0000, Max Kellermann wrote:

My personal recommendation is to throw away all the ancient kludgy and
buggy Windows CE crap and buy a modern Android device such as the Dell
Streak. It's down to 239 EUR over here in Germany.

Max, I know you don't like WinMobile any more than I do, but if the OP
wants to experiment for less money, Amazon are selling the Binatone
Carrera X350 for 64 squids including a 2GB SD card or the B.350 for 70
quid without SD card. I'm using the B.350 and, apart from the usual
problem shared by all PNAs (a backlit screen competing with sunlight in
the cockpit) it works well and takes up a lot less panel space than an
iPAQ. The stuff he

http://www.gregorie.org/gliding/pna/xcsoar.html

should get the OP up and running on a Binatone or several other PNAs.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK