Old June 29th 11, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BruceGreeff

Default Overseas pilot visiting New Zealand South Island

Omarama is not quick and easy to get to - it is a long way from any
major centre. However - having done it twice now I can vouch that it is
well worth the effort.

You might get slow response because of a combination of the winter shut
down and the Christchurch chaos.

There are friendly and accommodating clubs - accessible from most
places. But soaring the MacKenzie basin is life tick item...

Bruce

On 2011/06/29 4:08 PM, TeetJ wrote:
I will travel to New Zealand for business and leisure in November
2011.

Any hints where I could have 2-3 gliding days? I have checked Omarama,
waiting for their response.

Any hints (or even invitations :-)) for Omarama or any other site in
NZ greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Teet

--