Old July 5th 11, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig[_2_]

Default Looking for LS7 Ballast/Trim Blocka

On Jul 2, 9:50*am, Brad wrote:
On Jul 1, 4:25*am, WrongWay wrote:

I recently purchased an LS7. *On days when I eat only a light
breakfast, I'm awfully close to the lower limit of 165lbs for weight
and balance purposes.

There is a vertical post way forward near the nose that is set up to
accommodate a stack of 2.5kg / 6lb ballast/trim blocks, but these
unfortunately did not come with the ship. *Does anyone know of a
source for these?

Thanks,

Jordan

I've been flying an LS-7WL for a few weeks now, I am also right at the
lower limit also, in fact I have to wear a chute just to get there.

This CG loading gives superior climb performance. I flew almost 5
hours in the mountains yesterday for my first XC flight in this hip,
it is absolutely fantastic.

Brad

A good local hardware store or plumbing supply house should stock lead
sheet. I purchased a roll of 1/8" thick sheet and used snips to cut
the sheet to match a cardboard template. Sheets can be stacked on the
post and held in place with the nut. I ended up using double stick
carpet tape to keep them lined up. Much easier and safer than melting
lead.

Best regards,
Craig