Old July 6th 11, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Gibbons[_2_]

Default Bell No-Mor Flats in Tailwheel

About 5 years ago I installed one of these into my tail dolly
pneumatic wheel (200 x 50). After seeing no problems I installed the
same into the tail wheel of my Ventus C (same size wheel).

No problems once installed, though the 20" x 2" model I used (20B7)
was about the same size as the fully inflated pneumatic tube, which
made installation of the wheel shims a challenge in the confined space
of the tail wheel well.

The actual rubber tube from No-Mor Flats varied between 1.65" and
1.75" in diameter.

Side note, the added weight was less than 0.5 lbs (1.735 lbs to 2.220
lbs), resulting in negligible CG shift in my configuration.

Bob

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 08:38:52 -0500, YourNameHere
wrote:

Has anyone tried using the "Bell No-Mor Flats" foam rubber material in a
tail wheel tire as a safety backup. It looks like the 1.75" diameter
cut to the correct length might be a good safety backup if the tail
wheel tire gets punctured.
9U