Old October 11th 11, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default 2011 OLC Results - US moving up

The major contribution of OLC has been the ability to rate your own
flying in a non-contest environment and to encourage and promote cross-
country soaring. *I know that mine has improved as a result.

I was definitely more inclined to fly triangles this year and had a
lot of fun putting my flights up on the OLC to compare. I also really
enjoy looking through the listings and seeing how others are doing,
where the long flights are being flown, etc.

I was pretty proud to make it into the top 100 (barely, #98) in the US
this year and top 1000 in the world on the OLC-Plus

On the Oldtimer Ranking I was 6th in the US, 12th in the world. Those
1-26 guys are hard to beat! I am happy to be the highest scoring
pilot of wooden gliders in the US though. I'm looking forward to this
sub-ranking in the future