Old October 15th 11, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military
Ray O'Hara[_3_]

Default Chinese fighter jet crashes at air show

"Sam" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 21:51:22 -0400, vaughn wrote:

I've heard that claim in regards to several airshow accidents and I
seldom
believe it. If a plane is out of control, you simply can't control it,
so
therefore you can't control where it crashes. From the tiny bit of video
I saw,
that plane appeared far beyond any control from the pilot. I concede
that in
cases of engine failure or fire there may be room for some pilot heroics.

Concur. OOC is, by definition, NIC of the PIC.

engine failure doesn't mean totally out of control.