Old February 26th 04, 11:34 PM
BUFDRVR

"SIr, I know its bent but not too baldy it;ll be ok". I said, "
get thaa bomb out of here, get bacl to the Bomb dump and bring us a
replacement
in good condition NOW"

I've no doubt that those were your exact words, I've also no doubt that you
were screaming them at him. I wonder why you couldn't have tried the following;
"I know you've been bustin' your back all night sarge, but our target for today
is XX factory in the Ruhr and its pretty well defended, I'd sure hate to get
all the way their and basically throw 1 of my 8 weapons away". (Violating Rule
#3 of Art Kramer's "Great officer rules"-explaining). Chances are the Sgt.
would have agreed with your assesment, headed back to the bomb dump and brought
you the newest, cleanest weapon there.

I blew. "get, get you ass back
and bring me a good bomb or I'll have your ass in the stockade".

Violating BUFDRVR's #1 "Great officer rules" by losing your composure in front
of a subordinate.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"