Old May 2nd 12, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Crunch Alert (USA) - hugely serious but (apparently) non-fatal

On Tuesday, 1 May 2012 20:04:55 UTC+1, sisu1a wrote:

Glad the JS1 pilot is OK; I hope he buys his rigger a sixpack and
writes this up someday. I also hope this doesn't screw Jonkers...

-Paul

Notwithstanding the pilot's impressive account of the incident we don't yet know the underlying cause. I too am hoping and, in my case, betting that Jonker Sailplanes will not be seriously affected in the long term (any more than SH was by their spar problem) providing that they respond promptly and appropriately, as I expect they will. Speaking as one who went ahead with a JS1 order yesterday - after hearing about this accident.

John