Old March 15th 13, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default FLARM antenna question (hindrance from metal)

On Friday, March 15, 2013 9:36:32 AM UTC-4, 2NO wrote:
I'm talking about the main bipole antenna (I have a core
unit, not a portable).

DIPOLE !

Is that coaxial cable so poorly shielded that I have
to create a special routing for it away from the radials?

No, the outside of the coax is a ground, which needs to be
away from the radiating portions of the dipole.
Mount it on wood, plastic, or glass, AWAY from other
antennas and metal. PLEASE read and follow the FLARM
recommendations from PowerFLARM.us and ignore uninformed
speculation on RAS !

Hope that helps,
Best Regards, Dave