Old June 9th 13, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default S-H Ventus light-bar flap position indicator

On my LAK-17a, the flap settings are engraved into the steel detent
ar: -1, 0, 1, 2, L

What could be simpler?

"Tim Taylor" wrote in message
In my Ventus 2 there is a thin a fiberglass rod attached to the flap control
rod. The thin fiberglass rod runs to a switch reading box behind the seat
next to the wheel well where all the sensors are enclosed. I would guess
there is a Hall switch magnet attached to the rod inside the box to activate
each of the sensors. Designed like this you do not have to try and attach
everything near the flap handle.

The flap indicator is one of the surprises that I have found I would hate to
do without now.

A low tech system I have seen is to run a plastic or fiberglass rod forward
to the panel from the flap control rod and put a mark or the rod and set up
a scale on the panel. Pure mechanical with no electronics.