Old March 31st 04, 02:55 AM
Roman J. Rohleder

Peter Kemp schrieb:

Are these the Airbus currently used for passenger transport and
Medevac, the convertibles?

Yup, Multi Role Tanker Transports (MRTT) in Airbus speak.

Somehow cute idea.

Odd history, IIRC they were ordered by the GDR Interflug and taken
over by Luftwaffe after the reunification.

Really? I hadn't heard that. Odd world we live in.

I checked it, and... yes. Interflug, paid by the GDR. :-)

http://www.flug-revue.rotor.com/FRTypen/FRA310TT.htm

It refers to the firstflight as MRTT, too. The first will be
re-delivered in May.

And if you read german:

http://www.bw-flyer.de/neu/report/re...ip-airbus.html

One other odd thing - these birds are those which replaced the old LW
707, the aircraft Helmut Kohl used on the evening of 09. November 1989
and where he developed many strategies and ideas for the following
months..

---
Peter Kemp

Gruss, Roman