Old September 19th 13, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Duckhawk

On Thursday, September 19, 2013 3:18:35 PM UTC-4, Soartech wrote:
On Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:43:50 PM UTC-4, Tony wrote:

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...l?dsId=3379853

Daniel's second flight in the Duckhawk. I'm looking forward to more.

Daniel wrote on the OLC:

Pilot:

First soaring flight in the awesome Duckhawk! Man, it is sooo freakin easy to go on the ridge in this. The transitions were a joke! Really fun crusing around at

Daniel, lets hear the rest of your comments please. Tell us all about it!

Soartech et al.,

This flight and my impressions of the Duckhawk will be written up in an article and made publicaly available in short order. However, I will briefly say that the glider is the best designed glider I have ever encountered, let alone flown. Everything about it screams efficiency and it really shows it in the way it flies since it is incredibly efficient, yet handles very benignly. Also, it was fun outrunning all those guys who passed me when I was in a 1-26 like I was standing still .

It was almost too easy. The transitions are more fun in a 1-26!

Regards,
Daniel Sazhin