Old November 8th 13, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wallace Berry[_2_]

Default A Kid Flying a Duckhawk?

In article ,
Morgan wrote:

The technology on the Duckhawk is unfamiliar to most of us in gliders, but
automatic flaps are probably a good thing. I know plenty of people that will
admit to forgetting to switch settings and the continuously variable setting
allows for some pretty serious optimization compare to my 20 knot brackets.

Morgan

I would dearly love to fly it as well.

A question: How does the automatic flap system in the Duckhawk know how
to position the flaps? Not just by airspeed I'd guess. Does the D'hawk
have an angle of attack sensing system? G-load?