Old December 8th 13, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Rear-view camera?

On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:22:42 PM UTC-8, Bob S wrote:
Has anyone tried using a rear view camera and display in their glider, similar to the automobile back-up cam/display system? Any comments? Should we or shouldn't we?

Not the same as soaring . . . I have a rear view mirror in my Husky for towing, mounted high and looking back through the top skylight. When not dragging things on a rope, it's handy to keep an eye on my golden retriever in the back seat (or wife when she's there). Unless flying formation with a Super Cub (they are slow enough they're always behind a Husky), I almost never look at the mirror unless for the aforementioned activities. I have PFlarm in both Husky and glider, agree with JJ, better'n a camera. Besides, bright back lit displays take a fair amount of power.

bumper