Old January 16th 14, 05:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LX8000

Nice to hear good things about the 8000/8080/9000 family as I've just dropped a bundle on one as part of installing Powerflarm for 2014.

I got the version which uses the Powerflarm as the GPS source and logger. Too bad they don't make a version with the North American Powerflarm system built in like they do with the European Flarm.

It felt strange, dropping that kind of money into an old ASW-15b but what the hell. More gliders where I fly are being outfitted with Flarm, the transponder and ADS-B display will be useful, my Colibri battery died so it would have needed to go back to a dealer for replacement and reset of the security switch and the Peschges VP-4E that was in the glider (still working well) deserved a rest.