Old April 18th 04, 10:42 AM
B2431

From: "John Keeney"
Date: 4/18/2004 2:04 AM Central Daylight Time

"Ryan" wrote in message
While going through my grandfather's war photo album, I came across a
photo of some German aircraft wreckage.

Only the tail sections are visible, and despite my efforts, I can't
identify them.

http://www.geocities.com/newsgrouppictures/

The biggest part of them appear to be JU 58's: all that corrugated
sheet metal is a big tip off. I think what may be confusing you is
that the rudders are missing from nearly all the vertical stabilizers;
the one exception near the center of the frame shows the over-all
shape you're looking for.
The left most tail section is something else. The tail's different
(the rudder appears to be that old style that extends a top portion
forward of the hinge line), not corrugated, comparable in size to
the Ju58, kind of slab sided, horizontal tail plane mounted high
on the fuselage; probably another transport or large bomber.
But I haven't a clue which one.
There just isn't enough of that large piece to the far right for me
to guess about what part of a plane it might be.
German planes aren't my strong point.

I would be fascinated to know what planes these are and any information
about when and where they were used.

Ju 58's were transports and used every where by the WWII Germans:
they filled the same roles as the American C-47, just not as well.

I think you mean Ju52.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired