Old April 21st 04, 02:59 AM

(B2431) wrote:

From: "Gord Beaman"

"Jim Doyle" wrote:

Not too long ago I
visited the US and for a couple of nights stayed with a family - the father
kept a loaded AR15 (I think that was the designation, it was a semi
automatic version of the M16) and Browning 9mm for home protection. I saw no
need in that, apparently there'd not been a burglary in the neighbourhood
for over ten years - yet he slept beside these guns and freely admitted that
he'd shoot any burglar he found in his house, regardless of whether he was
carrying a gun or not.

Wow! ten years you say?...sure can't argue with success can you?
--

-Gord.

Gord, you missed the point. It seems he was saying you should only arm yourself
AFTER a crime has been committed. Tsk Tsk.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired and life member of NRA

Gee, I took it that he always kept his guns around and seeing as
how nobody'd been burglarized for ten years then it musta
worked...no?

(I think he meant that he'd shoot a burglar whether the -burglar-
was armed or not, right?)

--

-Gord.