Old May 15th 04, 04:59 AM
John Keeney

"B2431" wrote in message
From: "John Keeney"

"Michael P. Reed" wrote in message
.. .
"a. (U) Breaking chemical lights and pouring the phosphoric liquid on
detainees;

Are you arguing that a U.S. soldier, specifically an MP, would not
neccessarily know that the above were illegal?

What the heck would be "illegal" about that?

If your prisoner is from a villiage where high tech means a mule cart and

you
tell him the stuff you are putting on him is radioactive I can see where
someone would say it was illegal. The prisoner may fear for his life.

Hmm, perhaps as a question of scaring him rather than actually doing
something to'm.

As far as I know the chemical components of the light sticks are non

toxic.

Yep, I've got a couple of issue samples right he "non-toxic and
non-flammable".
I've had a bit of the stuff on me and even consumed small amounts
-I try to avoid that on general principles- and even though the
package says "may permanently stain clothing" I've not even had
that problem.