Old January 12th 15, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_3_]

Default Minutes of Fall 2014 USA Rules Committee meeting posted on SSA website

If you go back and look at pilot opinion polls from a few (6 - 10 iirc) years ago, you'll see multiple complaints about guys flying above cloud base.

Evan

Most of that is pre-start wispies. That's why we instituted the procedure for start height 500 feet below cloudbase. In my recollection it was not a complaint about serious cloud flying, i.e. gaining thousands of feet by going up inside cus.

John Cochrane