Old March 10th 15, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Movses

Default Flarm IGC files on non-IGC certified Flarm?

Thanks everybody for replies;

this confirms that at least, I have the correct understanding of the process.

I'll recheck everything when I get to the ship next time and follow up.

Movses

On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 10:47:04 AM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi Movses,

I suspect that the USB flash drive is not compatible for some reason.
Perhaps it is formatted using FAT instead of FAT32 or vice versa. Or
perhaps it is too large in regard to capacity. What is the capacity of the
USB flash drive?

It is my understanding that the PowerFLARM Core and Core Pure units will
always log a flight that is accepted by the OLC. The IGC enable and a
calibration make them valid for badges and most records.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
____________________________________

"Movses" wrote in message

On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 2:55:07 PM UTC-7, wrote:
You must not be using the USB stick at the end of each flight.
I think the key is that you must shut off the FLARM, then insert the USB
memory stick, then turn the FLARM back on and it downloads the just flown
flight log. I flew with my PowerFLarm for the first time last summer, did
this action, and every log was transfered to the USB memory stick and I
posted them that evening on OLC.

The answers to this is pretty much all previous questions is yes...
To my best knowledge:

- configuration file is uploaded
- usb stick in, then power on, monitor led, power off when done.
- not sure on firmware, will give this another try when I get to the airport
next time.

Sigh.. I'm a software engineer, I'm usually the one who's good with this
stuff