Old April 30th 15, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

Default Towpilots ignoring turn signals

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 2:48:39 PM UTC-7, Dave Springford wrote:
As a towpilot, if you get far enough out of position to "steer" me and I run out of leg, expect to see my end of the tow rope coming back at you.

Attempting to steer the towplane by pulling his tail around is just dumb.

I had inexperienced tow pilots wanting take me for a joy ride more than once on my nickel.
Signals on tow weather by steering or radio is standard practice that all should be familiar with prior to flying a glider or tow plane.
6PK