Old July 7th 15, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default 2015 Nephi OLC/XC Final Report

On Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 1:09:17 PM UTC-7, Craig Reinholt wrote:
There is actually a small liquor store in downtown Nephi that
has an excellent selection of very good beers.

Sorry, but I must disagree. I checked out that liquor store and ran away. Being a beer snob from PDX, this is definitely a BYOB town.

Craig 1CR

Two additional points.

Craig is indeed a beer snob. The state liquor store had Guinness, Newcastle and (to my taste) a pretty good Dopplebock, among other (admittedly not vast) selections. Bring your own beer if that's dishwater to you - or for variety. The grocery store beer is the not so hot 3-2 variety. :-)

In addition to all the OLC/XC flying there was some pretty amazing racing tasks called with speeds in the 90s to over 100 mph (on several days) for the ballasted FAI class. Friday saw a declared 750k with a winning speed of 94 mph. I'd call the week about average for Nephi in terms of weather. It makes me optimistic for the prospect of some bodacious flying at the Nationals next year.

Many thanks to Bruno, Ron the Utah Soaring Association, the tow pilots, all the volunteers and Nephites who support these events every year.

9B