Old August 19th 15, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Pasker

Default How do we inspire pilots to truly take up cross country soaring ?

On Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 10:43:14 AM UTC-4, Sean Fidler wrote:
One big glaring issue I see in regards to encouraging XC is that a short cross country flight is not a requirement for earning a glider private rating (or a commercial rating for that matter)?

Honestly, at the time when I took my commercial glider checkride, I wasn't prepared to do a cross country.

Instead, i focused on the Silver badge achievements after my rating.