Old December 23rd 15, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default ASG29 Panel (small) layout ideas for ClearNav II installation

There are some different instruments available on various AS model panel layouts on their website. The ASG32 has Butterfly vario and Trig TXP (but round install, you need to crop).
None of them have ClearNav display or Vario displays. I'm laying out a normal sized ASG29 panel with no 80mm instruments, pretty easy. The ASW28 (Small ASG29 panel) is tricky.
Sean, I might be installing my CN2 in the new panel without the tunnel mount, so that mount (with CN2 speaker mounted in the top of the tunnel) would be available. In a small panel you gain precious space if you mount shallow instruments next to the tunnel.
As far as I'm concerned, nothing goes on top of a glare shield and nothing hangs off the panel like some afterthought. Did violate that with one of Craggy's #500107 FLARM antennas.
Jim

Jim