Old January 5th 16, 05:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default The truth about Flarm Stealth and Competition definition...

On Monday, January 4, 2016 at 10:33:32 PM UTC-6, Andrew Ainslie wrote:
Ok, truth be told, IF we could do that it'd be great. I get your point, and suppressing IDs and climb rates would be fine. Seems like a good compromise.... But, the authors of software like clearnav could write software to calculate a first derivative on height in about 3 minutes. Are we going to regulate that too?

You do have a point that tech can eventually outstrip regulation (and sometimes before the ink is dry on the reg).

Now that you mention it, I'm wondering why Clearnav and all the others have not added that feature. It could be a selling point.