Old June 4th 04, 11:35 PM
Ed Rasimus

On 04 Jun 2004 21:33:21 GMT, ELETEME (Kurt R.
Todoroff) wrote:

How far do you live from the Zoo?

Less than three miles from the S. Gate. I usually see the Thunderbird
show either from my deck or more comfortably from the parking lot at a
local pub where I stop regularly for lunch and a Sam Adams or three.

Did you have an opportunity to see the
F/A-22 from your house?

I, unfortunately, didn't get to see it. Heard it for sure as I was at
my desk working at 0800 on Tues when the first jet noises started for
about two hours and then again at the 1400 T-bird practice.

Every current and former USAF pilot in the stands was
talking about the Raptor incessantly after its appearance. A friend of mine,
who has been my childrens' Academy sponsor for the previous five years, and I
seldom talk about flying in our former USAF days when we met during my trips to
visit my children. However, neither one of us could stop talking about the
Raptor during and after its appearance. It was breaktaking.

Keep that up and we'll have Denyav and Tarver here denying that it was
really the Raptor but actually an F-15C with prosthetics.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press