Old February 5th 16, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Gilbert

Default Libelle 201 query

Sounds good.

As far as the water is concerned, Libelles only hold 50 litres anyway so it wouldn't be too much of an issue in the event of a launch failure. In my memory water in the Libelle didn't really make an enormous difference with performance, but it did make it feel a little less like a cork in the ocean in turbulent conditions.

As far as the Balaklava parachutes are concerned, I had custody of one of them over the summer, as Eric borrowed mine for the Junior Worlds.

Nick

On Friday, 5 February 2016 12:13:05 UTC+10:30, Ommadawn wrote:
JS;919246 Wrote:
A fantastic result, Frank!
Great photo, quite appropriate. Don't sleep with the Libelle every
night, make time to watch "Zulu Romeo" again to look for CT.
Oops, sorry I didn't remember the right Gilbert.
Jim

Nick, the belly release works, as it is used as part of the trailer
restraint system.
She is fitted for water, but the bags are removed. The last owner made
some new ones, but didn't fit them, as he wasn't happy with the result.
I have them now, but will not be installing. I don't like the idea of
winch launch failure, and a hurried landing with full wings. It comes
with an old radio that is functional, Flarm, and some sort of GPS nav
system I haven't even looked at yet. The instruments are old but
adequate for now. My club has 4 parachutes which rarely see the light of
day, as almost nobody flys the singles. I will use one of those for a
while.
I will definitely have another look at ZR again and see if I can spot
her!

Ommadawn