Old April 13th 16, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PGS

Default Do L'Hotellier Ball Fittings Wear?

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 9:06:58 AM UTC-4, Casey wrote:
Thanks for the comments.

I'm wonder what the dimensions of the balls are new.

My aileron balls on both wings are 0.02 mm smaller than the spoiler balls on both wings. Dimensions are same on each wing.

What is best lubricant? Thicker grease or thiner spray? I know the pro and cons of each but just wonder others thoughts.

Casey

I would not be surprised if 0.02mm was within the original manufacturing tolerances. Certainly a long way from the 0.1mm out of round tolerance that someone else mentioned.