Old April 13th 16, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]

Default Do L'Hotellier Ball Fittings Wear?

Casey

I would not be surprised if 0.02mm was within the original manufacturing tolerances. Certainly a long way from the 0.1mm out of round tolerance that someone else mentioned.

pgs.
The balls are not out of round, just different between spoiler and aileron. But now I'm thinking these balls are of different diameter to begin with, a closer look, the stem to the ball is longer on those that are the 0.02 smaller.

Casey