Old April 25th 16, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill T

Default CCSC Landing Accident?

So sorry to hear about loss of control landing accidents. Especially when metal gets bent.
And now an engine teardown.
Landing on grass is very forgiving, quartering tailwinds not withstanding.
Landing on gravel, tires will slide, landing on pavement, no forgiveness for not paying attention.

We have pavement.

The one crop duster video, tailwind landing uphill, was a nose dragger, no real comparison, except for landing an minimum speed.

I agree the Pawnee does not like being "forced to land" at speeds above 60. I've also witnessed instant landings, 3 point, in a small tailwind when the wind decides it's done flying. Busy feet needed.

Sorry to loose another great 2 seat trainer, in an environment that not many are built.
I wonder what it would take for Blanik to restart production on the L-23.

BillT