Old November 8th 16, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

Default FAI, soaring and Olympic Games

At 16:26 08 November 2016, Sean wrote:
Good points Gregg. It's going to be very hard, but this must be

the SSA's
=
"OBVIOUS" top priority. I'm not seeing very much in the way of

even
"light=
chatter" on this topic unfortunately.

No CFIG yet but I am planning on earning one. Maybe next

spring. I just
n=
eed to find some time. =20

I have been training/supporting a couple fairly famous

photographers (one
s=
ports focused and the other a pure nature artist) to fly some very
advanced=
custom drones (which help design and build to carry their

ridiculous
camer=
as) safely and efficiently ;-). That has been incredibly fun and
rewarding=
.. I get to work with ESPN, NBC, America's Cup, etc. I plan on

continuing
=
with that.

For soaring, I would mainly be interested in a CFIG for teaching &
promotin=
g cross country soaring.

No trust fund here unfortunately.

Sean

You could volunteer to be on the SSA Youth Education Committee.
You might possibly even get to be the chairperson. Maybe you can
promote your social media skills to the SSA board, and maybe come
up with an SSA sponsored youth initiative which will be more
appealing to young people than what is out there right now. It is an
all volunteer thing, so the loudest complainers will be given the
chance to actually do something about it if they really want to....

RO