Old February 11th 17, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default S80 S100 stick controller how helpful?

I've used the ClearNav both with the stick grip buttons (someone else's
glider) and with the standard wired remote (my glider). My take is
that, once you set up your device, you don't use the buttons often
enough to warrant the expense or hassle of installing a stick grip with
a bunch of tiny buttons and switches.

On 2/11/2017 8:53 AM, Kevin Neave wrote:
I've had the stick controller for the LX8000 in my D2c for about a year &
wouldn't bother.

My biggest issue is the Cruise / Climb is a tiny push button toggle on the
front of the stick & it's way to easy to change between the two
unintentionally

I'm thinking of changing to a simple Cruise / climb & PTT

Regards

KN

At 15:44 11 February 2017, wrote:
Just got the S100 and am considering the stick controller. Those of you
that have been able to fly with the stick controller, what do you think?
How helpful do you see it, and can you do everything, or just about
everything with the stick controller?

Would be putting it in a DG400 so I would need the one with the toggle
switch which I would wire to raise and lower the motor to replace the
switch on the original stick.

Thanks

Kevin
92