Old July 5th 04, 05:42 AM
Fred the Red Shirt

Ed Rasimus wrote in message . ..

I'd rather win than lose.

Me too.

I'd rather America prevail than the Islamic fundamentalists.

I'd rather have truth and justice prevail than religious
fundamentalism regardless of the variety of religion or the
nationality of the fanatic.

I'd
rather retain national sovereignty than subject us to the whims of the
UN.

I'd rather our elected officials and their apointees respect the
Constitution, their obligations under the treaties ratified by
our Senate, and obey the law. Happily, six of our Supreme Court
Justices agree with me.

I'd rather carry my own weapon and defend myself.

Me too.

I'd rather
individual responsibility than a welfare state.

Me too, Ditto for welfare for the rich.

I'd rather keep my
earnings and make my own spending choices.

Me too.

I'd like higher standards
rather than affirmative action.

I'd like them both. They are not incompatible.

--

FF