Old July 6th 04, 11:27 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

"Brett" wrote in message ...
"Fred the peabrain" wrote:
"Brett" wrote in message

.. .
"Fred the Red Shirt" wrote:
"Brett" wrote in message

... McGovern the "subversive peacenik"
it was the news shots of his anti-war, anti-capitalist supporters

and
his
own campaign rhetoric at the Democratic convention and the many

campaign
rallies leading up to the election that November.

You say that like it was a bad thing.

Try again peabrain - your own editing achieved that goal, my original

What goal?

The editing addition of an opinion to an opinion free original comment.

You lost me here. But that's Ok, I was trying to be hip and the fact
is, I don't do hip very well.

comment was that Nixon didn't paint him up as the "subversive peacenik"

he
and his supporters did that and they didn't need any help in achieving

that
goal.

Do you say that like it was bad thing, or not?

It was how the McGovern campaign wanted to be viewed and it lost him the
election.

I'm not clear that it lost him the election. It is doubtful that
McGovern could do to win the election. Nixon was vunerable, but
he vulnerability was the myriad of criminal activities he had
engaged in while President, as are slowly being revealed as
previously suppressed tapes from the Nixon White House are
released but McGovern had no access to that knowledge.

I think that in truth, McGovern was a peacnik. I think that in
truth, being a peacnik is a good thing. And I think that it is
a good thing to present oneself truthfully to be damned for it
or not.

--

FF