Old December 8th 17, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JB Gunner

Default Soaring Schools

On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 12:39:37 AM UTC-5, John Foster wrote:
Is there a general consensus on which schools are regarded as the "best" for glider training? I realize this is difficult to compare, as there are lots of good instructors all over the place, but if someone were interested in taking a block of time off and going somewhere to learn how to fly gliders and get there license to do so privately, where would you recommend?

I used AZ soaring just outside of Phoenix like a few others have posted this October. It was a great experience. I stayed in a hotel in Phoenix about 35 minute drive away. Instructor was Bruce and he did a excellent job. Great little airport for gliders.