Old July 16th 04, 02:40 AM
B2431

Date: 7/15/2004 8:09 PM Central Daylight Time
Back in the old days, 1940-50s some aircraft were equipped with glass
astro navigation domes used to take astro sightings. I am trying to find
one of these glass domes in very good condition for an astronomy project.
Does anyone know where I can find one at reasonable cost? The dome will
have to be in excellent condition as it will be used to weather protect an
all-sky video camera that will be used to photograph meteors and auroras.
Back in the 1960's these were sold by surplus dealers but I have not seen
one for sale since then. Any help finding one would be most appreciated.
Ed Majden
West Coast Bolide Detection Station
Courtenay, B.C. CANADA

They show up on e-bay occassionally. Also Edmund Scientific (www.edsci.com) has