Old March 15th 18, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

Default Goop / caulk recommendations

On Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 6:31:27 PM UTC-7, jfitch wrote:
On Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 5:52:44 PM UTC-7, Scott Williams wrote:
On Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 6:24:17 PM UTC-5, wrote:
the 3m 5200 is what we used on my tail wheel skid it cures in about 12-24 hours if there is enough humidity. In AZ I had to drape wet towels over it. it is very sturdy an a little flexible. Best stuff I have ever used and it is white

3M 5200, available in 7 day cure or 24 hr cure in the boating section of Academy outdoor and Sports
Good luck!!

3M 5200 will yellow in the sun and eventually crack where it is exposed, if that is a worry. 3M 4000 will not yellow or crack - at least for a very long time.

Jon,

Thanks for the lead on the 3M 4000. I wasn't aware of silane modified polymers & it definitely looks like the better choice for something exposed to UV. Polyurethane (3M 5200) usually isn't a good choice for high UV exposure.

Craig
7Q