Old February 28th 19, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

Default 2019 SSA handicap list

On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 6:00:11 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 11:01:17 AM UTC-5, Tom (TK) wrote:
Has the 2019 SSA handicap list been approved/released yet?

Most revisions complete. Changes principally affect motor versions of some sailplanes that have reference handicaps adjusted for weight difference from the base glider using the just approved weight adjustment formula.
For the HC
UH

I recall that several years ago an experienced contest pilot said that the B model Ventus did not have as good of a glide as the slimmer A model. I think the pilot was Tom Knauff, but not sure. Is this ever taken into account when handicapping the Ventus?

Thanks,

Mike