Old June 18th 05, 11:42 PM
Jonathan Goodish

In article ,
Javier Henderson wrote:
In my opinion, the only advantage the Arrow has over the Archer is range
due to the ability to load more fuel. I'm not sure that advantage is
worth the extra cost in maintenance and insurance.

Is the Arrow any faster than the Archer?

Yes, as you would expect given the reduced drag from the gear. However,
I don't believe the speed advantage is any more than 15kts or so, which
isn't much for the increase in insurance and maintenance costs. You can
get the same performance out of fixed-gear, fixed pitch prop airplanes
like the Tiger.

JKG