Old June 7th 12, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill D

Default Where to get Winched?

On Jun 7, 6:05*am, toad wrote:
On Jun 6, 7:38*am, Walt Connelly

wrote:
Where in the South East US of A might one go to get a winch launch
endorsement? *ALSO, in general how much runway is needed for an adequate
winch launch? *What might the minimum runway length be?

Walt

--
Walt Connelly

The only place that I have ever found advertising an endorsement
training was a soaring club in Houston. *If there are any other
operations that will train a new pilot to winch launch, I have not yet
found them. *They may exist, but they don't advertise.

The difficulty of finding training and the price of land might be why
there are such limited numbers of winch operations around in the US.

Todd

There's Cross Country Soaring in Faribault, MN