Old March 3rd 04, 01:40 AM
Paul F Austin

"t_mark" wrote ...
Actually,_one_generation apart although that generation is about 30

years
long. Typhoon benefits from better propulsion technology, controls
technology and somewhat better structural technology so it would be

strange
if a Typhoon wasn't substantially better than a F-15C. In fact if it

turns
out not to be, a passel of British aero- and -propulsion engineers

should
be
looking for jobs.

Now the story is they were C models?

No, my statement is that a Typhoon had better be superior to an ATA
configured Eagle (an F-15C), never mind a Mud Hen. There's no "story" there
and there's no stupid chauvinism either. In case you haven't noticed, the
main operator of Typhoons is Great Britain, who is on_our_side.

It makes no difference in the size of_my_weenie whether a thirty year old
McAir design is superior to a ten year old BAE design in a dog fight.