Old October 2nd 03, 01:51 AM
Bruce Hoult

In article ,
Andreas Maurer wrote:

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 17:18:41 GMT, "John Morgan"
wrote:

In the airport environment, I believe a low pass is akin to a go-around or
an aborted landing attempt. How could it reasonably be considered a
violation of 91.119?

Let's face it: Coming in on final at 150 mph+ because you "forgot" to
pull the airbrake lever is very hard to disguise as a go-around...

You don't have to have an actual intention to land in order to do a
"missed approach". See the helicopter example in my other message.

Also, I recall seeing at the same airport (Wellington Intl, NZ) an RAAF
tanker (707 or 767 or something) execute a missed approach to maybe two
hundred feet ft with three or four A4 SkyHawk and F/A-18 Hornet jets
hanging off hoses from the wings and another couple in formation beside
the wingtips.

No way did *they* ever have an intention to actually land there.

-- Bruce