Old April 27th 19, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Microphone Cabel

On Sat, 27 Apr 2019 09:37:42 -0700, AS wrote:

To all the avionics-buffs out there in glider-land:
What is the proper designation for the type of microphone cable used to
run from the 'Becker-' or 'Dittel-' speaker box to the radio on the
panel? The one sample I have has two wires (white and brown) surrounded
by a copper braided shield plus two fiberglass strands - presumably to
add tensile strength - in it. Need a few feet of it to avoid splicing
it.

Shielded stereo cable works for me. That's a figure 8 cross-section
cable, with each half containing a stranded copper wire inside a braided
copper outer layer. One side connects the speaker, the other side
connects the mic. Runs to a plastic junction box on the cockpit wall that
contains the speaker and acts as a base for the mic's gooseneck.

First installed when I fitted an ATR-500 radio and now used with the
Dittel KRT2 that replaced the ATR-500 when 8.33 channel spacing became a
requirement.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org