Old July 6th 04, 02:10 AM
Badwater Bill

On 3 Jul 2004 06:37:45 -0700, (bryan chaisone)
wrote:

Bigballs Bill? He used to be Bill "The Grump" Phillips. To me he is
just Bigmouth Bill. A friggin A-hole and a half. He has no
memmories. He doesn't know or remembers who is on his side. He will
turn on you in a pinch. It is all about BWB and no one else. When
you question him, he will threaten to hunt you down and bite your head
off. He thinks he is an ex-Navy Seal or Green Baret, I can't remember
which. Half of his stories are wishful thinking anyway. He used to
post pictures of himself flying an R22 and a MD500, landing at various
places. He insinuated that he owned them. I used to be really
impressed. I went to Vegas and rented a R22 out of Silver State
Helicopters and reallized it was the same R22 that he flew and landed
on the bank of Lake Meade. I reallized that then that he didn't own
that helo nor the MD500, but I didn't question him. Then there was
the time when he told stories about the Raven (CIA FAC pilots) flying
out of Vietnam and not being able to fly into Cambodia or Laos.
Couldn't fly into Laos? I happened to know for a fact that the Ravens
were based out of Wat Tai Airport in Vientiane Laos. I also pointed
out the fact that more tonnage of US bombs were dropped on Laos than
both WWI and WWII combined. There's a lot of things going on in his
head, he can't get it all straight, most of it is bits and pieces of
what he's read or watched in a movie. Sometimes he thinks he has
lived them, a lot of it is wishful thinking. I used to like him for
who he was. Now I don't like him for who he is. Naw, I think I still
like him. I think its his old age. He's not taking it well, aging
that is. He forgets a lot now. He can't take a joke like he used to
be able to. Us younger ones have to make allowances for our
elderlies. Sometimes older folks get grouchy.

Bryan "The Monk" Chaisone

You know Bryan, you just about hit me on the head. I'll give you guys
a clue. Just like any other fiction writer, about 80% of it is truth
and about 20% of it is embellishment. If you keep that in mind,
you'll have a better time. Just because I post pictures of myself
standing next to helicopters and airplanes that I fly, that doesn't
mean I own them. If you look closely at all of my posts, I never said
I owned any of these helicopters. The only helicopter I ever owned
was a Mini-500. The government owned the rest, or Silver State, or
Kevin Morris, Chris Hukill and other buddies.

It's you guys who extrapolate to me owning all this stuff and flying
missions into Cambodia. Hell, I've never even been to the South East.
I'm a story writer Bryan. That's all. I rarely get serious about
anything, especially here on this **** for brains ng.

Why don't you just kick back and enjoy the story for what it's worth?
That's all there is to it.

It's not that I'm getting old and can't remember. It's that I'm bull
****ting you and can't remember!

Sure, I've done some real stuff. I did test fly that RV-6A for the
first 100 hours. And, I did test fly Carl Strom's RV-6 with a
Lycoming in it and crash it in the desert. Kind of interesting out of
all the hours I flew Jess's auto conversion I never crashed, but I
crashed the one with the Lycoming in it.

Anyway, some of the stuff I write is true, most is embellished. If
you keep that in mind, you'll be better off. I won't try to embellish
something that has anything to do with safety however. Safety if
paramount to me. But, as far as the stories about Air America and the
crap like that, DON'T believe a word of it.

I get a kick out of some of you here though. It seems that someone
always picks on me about something I really did do. It's always the
wrong thing they pick. Like the years I spent on the EPA projects. I
never mentioned that in detail until recently. I was waiting for
years for someone to call me on that and guess what? All of that was
true and they got creamed when they finally did call me on it.

So, you just never know, do you. I've done enough of it, that I can
hold my own in this "Bar-Room" kind of bull **** session. Some of it
it extremely factual. But it's like any other profession. If you
have been a real professional at times in your life, you can fill in
the gaps with some intersting bull **** too.

The big problem with the average reader here in RAH is that they have
done almost nothing. They can't fly, they can't build, and they are
too lazy to try.

Anybody like me with a few thousand hours in helicopters, airplanes,
balloons, gliders, gyros, hang gliders, etc. and who has rebuilt
airplanes since high school, can just about walk over any of the self
proclaimed know it alls who really comprise the majority of this ng.
It's not even a challenge.

Look at a guy like Pac. He's in the same position. He really does
have the ratings and the flying time. It's no challenge to him when
some Cessna 150 pilot with 30 hours confronts him over something.

Anyway, just sitting in here and telling the facts all the time is
boring. I'm a story teller in real life. I love a good novel and a
good story. And, I have read a lot, so I can write about SE Asia and
Laos if I chose to. I can write about it well enough to fool even you
who lived there.

But, I'm telling you up front Bryan, I'm a story teller first, a pilot
and a builder second. Don't lose track of that and you won't be
trying to research my posts for the past 10 years like Corky did
trying to trip me up.

BWB