Old April 25th 08, 12:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default Lancair crash at SnF

Shirl wrote:
WingFlaps wrote:
I've also heard a lot of BS in this thread about not having good
palces to put the plane. There is nearly always somewhere flat to put
the plane within 90 degrees of the runway centerline -even a road.
Malls have big parking lots!

I don't know about where you live, but malls here have lots of light
poles, concrete islands, park-and-rest benches and ... and ... vehicles
everywhere. And having gone through it once, I'm no longer fooled by
what *looks* "flat" at 500, or even 50 feet.

I'd rather hit a bus shelter or light poles @ 40-50 MPH than go in
inverted after a stall/spin @ 200-300 AGL.